Happy Birthday!!!
Mark took me to Carver's for my birthday. Afterwards we went shopping. Then we came home to celebrate with the kids...
The kids were so cute when we got home. They all had a huge surprise waiting for me. They had cleaned the basement and their rooms while we were gone.
Then they had me close my eyes and stand outside Keri's bedroom. When I opened them I read a huge sign posted on her bedroom door that said, "Enter the party zone!" She had planned a surprise birthday party!! As a family we danced, played games, and read stories. It was amazing!! It brought tears to my eyes a few times...
Birthdays are a time to celebrate the day you arrived on the planet and the contributions you've made while you were here. On April 22nd I hit the 37 year mark. Some birthdays are easier to take than others. This one went better than I thought...
I took the opportunity to pause and reflect for a moment on my life...
Am I spending my time properly or am I involved in things that distract me from my higher calling?
This life is all we get...
From the "Circle of Life":
It's the wheel of fortune...It's the leap of faith...It's the band of hope...
Till we find our place...On the path unwinding...In the circle, the circle of life.
Some of us fall by the wayside...And some of us soar to the stars...And some of us sail through our troubles...And some have to live with the scars...
There's far too much to take in here.."
And so I continue on in the circle of life another year older and another year wiser.
Happy Birthday to me!!!
Friday, April 25, 2008
Celebration!
My ♥ to yours, Shilea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment