"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. " Gordon B. Hinckley, BYU, 2006

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother/Daughter Breakfast



This morning Keri and I went over to the church for the annual Mother/Daughter Breakfast. My calling in our ward right now is "Achievment Day" leader for the 10-11year old girls. Keri is in the younger group but the breakfast was for all the girls. We had muffins and fruit. Then the girls sang a song and did a dance, "Never Tell A Lie." After that we put together little hair clips with bows. It was a fun morning. One of my favorite parts was when Keri showed me this picture she had drawn of me...
On the front of my shirt she put, "Hello. I'm silly." WHAT??? I didn't quite understand if she thought I was silly or she wanted me to be silly because she is...
Either way, I am so grateful that she is my daughter and that we have this amazing opportunity to travel through this life together as mother and daughter.
The gifts I see in her are...
Kindness
Compassion
Laughter
Courage
Strengh
Unconditional Love
Thank you Keri for being a light and an inspiration for all!!!

0 comments: