"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. " Gordon B. Hinckley, BYU, 2006

Thursday, May 27, 2010

"A Shore Bet"




The Rain Gutter Regatta race for Cub Scouts was on Tuesday night. Carson's boat had to be finished and dropped off at the Cub Master's house Monday night by 9. With our crazy schedule I forgot all about it and didn't even think about it until late Monday afternoon. Since Mark had to work that night it was my turn to help Carson put together something. Hello??? Me? I know nothing about putting a boat together. That is Mark's specialty. But Carson and I pulled it together. We didn't exactly follow the directions to a "T" but no one noticed. Right Carson? And we had fun doing it. (I got crazy glue all over my fingers which still won't come off. It looks great with the bright, flourescent paint I used to paint windows for the Delta 500 sale.)
Carson went with the name "A Shore Bet", hoping that would help a little. In the end he took 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd. I don't know what that means. But all that matters is that he had a great time.
So proud of him...
I wasn't able to go because I was working so Mark took these pictures. Not bad, huh?

1 comments:

gramy said...

Hey Carson, I just can't wait to see your "Shore Bet" boat. :) Wish we could have been there!! You will always be a #1 sure bet for us :) We love and miss ya tons. Oh and George does too. :)