On Tuesday Keri's school had an awards assembly which honored students who had gone the extra mile and accomplished goals and tasks above and beyond what was expected of them to graduate from that grade level.
Keri was honored with the "Great American Challenge" award. What an accomplishment! Some of the things she had to do were to memorize the Gettsburg Address, and all of the Presidents. I can't remember what else. But there was a long list!
Keri is such a "self-motivator" and an example to our family. You inspire me Keri!
GREAT JOB!
After seeing her receive this award I made a list of all the things I want to memorize and imprint on my heart. Will share that list on a later post...
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Great American Challenge
My ♥ to yours, Shilea
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm so proud of Keri! I don't think I've ever been able to name all the presidents! Good Job! Love ya
Okay Keri Dianne, This is a very big deal and I am just so proud of you and the example you are to everyone who meets you..continue to reach always for your best, your highest, your remarkable!
(Keri did not have to do this it was a challenge she chose. Some of this was oral some was written. Now since Shilea has not listed her list I am going to..impressive :)
*The Gettysburg Address!
*Presidents of the United States in order. (did you do 43 or 44 Keri)!
*Fill in blank map of United States and put each State in place!
*Say and write The Pledge of Allegiance with all of the punctuation perfect!
*memorize and recite the Preamble to the Constitution of the United States!
*Recite the Star Spangled Banner!
I salute you Keri..I love America and I love you. 123
Post a Comment