"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences. " Gordon B. Hinckley, BYU, 2006

Saturday, June 19, 2010

What Happens While I'm At Work


(Yes, that long thing Cole has in his hands is a snake. Sorry about the quality of the pic. It was taken with a camera phone.)
Yesterday while I was out painting the kids kept calling me for little things like, "Can I straighten my hair? Can I go play with my friends? Do I have to do my chores? What time are you going to be home? What's for lunch?" You name it they called me for it. So after about the 8th phone call I told them not to call me unless it was an emergency. Unbeknownst to me they started calling their Dad for questions and permission on everything.
While Cole was out walking Rocky he found a pretty big snake over by the Adair's yard. The thing was well over 5 ft. long. He called Mark and told him about it. Mark told him to take a picture of it and text it to him. After sizing it up he asked Cole to bring it over to our house and put it in our backyard. Apparently, Mark thought it would eat some of the little rascals that seem to flock to our yard. After bringing it over to our house the kids wouldn't leave it alone. They were curious and wanted to play with it. Cole had that thing wrapped around his arm and Keri had a part of it too. They took pictures and texted them to all their friends.
All while I was working...
They weren't even going to tell me about it because they knew how I would react. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I won't even start on the list of things that could've gone terribly wrong...
I'm sure the kids regretted telling me about it because they ended up getting a lecture for a good 1/2 hour.
Stephanie, is this yours?

6 comments:

Gramy said...

MARK DONIVAN!! THIS IS WHY YOUR WIFE NEEDS TO BE A STAY AT HOME MOM!! OH OH OH MY GOSH!! What were you thinking son? (I know, how proud you were of your son. The apple doesn't fall far.. and some things just don't change.. )

Cole Donivan!! what could possibly possess you to even think about touching that thing. The picture grampy had was a way worse close up of that huge thing wrapped around you!! Next time call Gramy! This thing could kill someone, namely me if I was there. Not much could kill me before I saved you, but a snake! I'd be flat dead!

Reader said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe Cole took it home lol I HATE snakes!

Stephanie said...

NO THAT'S NOT MY SNAKE!!! Oh my gosh I can't believe that that snake was by my house! I hate snakes! I am so glad that Cole found it and took it away. I owe him cookies or something! Seriously I would have FREAKED OUT if I had found it or if one of my kids had found it! Better yet would if Talan had found it! Thanks Cole, you're my hero!

Gramy said...

Hello..Hello..anybody there? :) Everyone keeps saying' "hey whats the scoop, did the snake eat the Coopers?" Miss getting close any time I want. 123

Gramy said...

Hurray you where here :) Changed the scenery Cute Cute Cute Kids!!!
Miss you all sooooo much. Fun new look

Marshmallow said...

That is an awesome story! Some days don't you think you should just stay at work because it's safer there?! I feel your pain!